Monitor Audio IMS-4 Music Streamer
Due July 2020 - Please call for more information
Monitor Audio’s new IMS-4 Music Streamer is the latest addition to its range of superior custom install solutions. Featuring BluOS™, the IMS-4 can stream up to four separate zones. Its BluOS Controller app offers true flexibility of operation including easy access to music libraries and streaming from music services, which can also be voice controlled through a smart device.
BluOS allows streaming of lossless music up to 24-bit/192 kHz to every room in a home network. Accessed through the BluOS app, or one of the many supported integrated control systems, multiple IMS-4 Music Streamers can be integrated with other BluOS devices to provide up to 64 zones of music, with each zone able to play together in perfect sync or to simultaneously play different streams to separate zones.
With BluOS the IMS-4 delivers millions of Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) recordings, presenting music that can be heard exactly as the artist intended, and approved by the studio, anywhere in the home. The IMS-4 provides a seamless music experience and ensures there are no skips or delays.
To power the music, the IMS-4 should be partnered with an installation amplifier such as Monitor Audio’s IA150-8C.
Integrated with Crestron, Control4 and RTI, the IMS-4 is also compatible with other BluOS enabled devices.
Analogue and digital inputs allow the addition of a cable box or other non-network sources and make them available in every zone. It even includes a system interrupt feature to let doorbells and fire alarms to be heard. All of this class-leading technology fits into a slimline form: the IMS-4 occupies just 1U rack space.
- Featuring BluOS™ multi-room streaming technology
- With four separate zones, different music can be streamed to four different rooms or areas
- Allows streaming of lossless music with MQA authentication up to 24-bit/192 kHz to every room in a home network
- Compatible with other BluOS enabled devices
- Can be integrated with other BluOS devices to provide up to 64 zones of music, with each zone able to play together in perfect sync or to simultaneously play different streams to separate zones
- Easy access to music libraries and streaming from music services
- Access offline local media such as hard drives or CD players and connect to media servers using the analogue RCA, digital optical, USB and ethernet inputs to play across zones
- Its BluOS technology and controller app allow easy access to music libraries, streaming services and voice control using Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri
- Can be partnered with Monitor Audio’s range of Installation Amplifiers
- Integration with home automation services such as Crestron, Control4, RTI and other BluOS devices
- Controllable using the BluOS Controller app for iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows
- Includes a system interrupt feature to let doorbells and fire alarms to be heard
- Shallow depth, occupies just 1U rack space
Monitor Audio Warranty:
Monitor Audio Amplifiers carry a 5 Year Warranty
- Supported File Formats MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA, HRA
- Supported Cloud Services WiMP, Slacker Radio, Qobuz, HighResAudio, JUKE, Deezer, Murfie, HDTracks, Spotify, TIDAL, Napster, Classics Online, KKBox
- Supported Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Apple Macintosh OSX 10.7.5 or higher
- Free Internet Radio TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise
- Integration Partners Control4, RTI, Crestron, URC, roon
- Rated Distortion <0.005%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 110 dBA
- Sample Rate 32 – 192 kHz
- Bit Depth 16 – 24
- Inputs: Analogue RCA Stereo, S/PDIF Optical (TOSLINK), USB Type A (for USB memory stick and supported peripherals – FAT 32 formatted), +12V Trigger IN 12 V ±20%, IR Input 3.5 mm Jack
- Outputs: Analogue RCA Stereo x 4, S/PDIF Optical x 4 (TOSLINK), Coaxial x 4, +12V Trigger Out 12 V ±20%
- Network: Ethernet/LAN Ethernet RJ45, GigE
- System Interrupt For doorbell/alarms
- User Interface: FREE Android and iOS App available at GooglePlay and Apple App Store
- Power Front Panel Button
- Standby Power 6 W (Network Standby Mode)
- Dimensions Inc. Feet (H x W x D) 47 x 438 x 238mm
- Dimensions with Brackets (H x W x D) 47 x 482 x 238mm
- Weight 2.88 kg / 6 lb 6 oz