Monitor Audio CL50 Outdoor Speaker (Pair)
Monitor Audio CL50 Outdoor Speakers solid, sealed, high density polypropylene enclosures are specially treated to resist moisture and the effects of prolonged UV exposure. Aluminium grilles and rugged brackets are naturally equipped to prevent rust. CL50 Two-way satellite speaker housing a single 5" C-CAM bass driver and a 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeter. C-CAM tweeter and bass/mid-range drivers are designed to capture the detailed highs and dynamic lows of every performance. Developed and refined by Monitor Audio over many years for accurate reproduction and robust reliability, C-CAM is an innovative alloy originally conceived by the aerospace industry for use in jet engines.
Mounted at either end of each CL cabinet is a heavy duty bracket, designed for 175º of horizontal or vertical rotation in small non-slip increments. Magnetic end caps protect the bracket terminals top and bottom, and make the process of re-positioning easy. Once installed, a CL speaker can be directed precisely for the maximum musical effect. For added flexibility a supplied installation wedge advances the angle of rotation by a further 15º to extend the choice of firing angles.
Both the bracket and optional wedge allow you to run a cable through rather than around them for easier and neater installation.
Robust weather-proof construction
You can rely on Monitor Audio's meticulous engineering to protect the CL models from weather ingress. Their solid, sealed, high density polypropylene enclosures are specially treated to resist moisture and the effects of prolonged UV exposure. Aluminium grilles and rugged brackets are naturally equipped to prevent rust.
Get the right look, inside and outside
For a precise colour match with surroundings, or for maximum contrast, the CL cabinet can be sprayed in a custom colour. A paint mask is supplied with each speaker.
Sound quality is further optimised for the open environment through the use of an additional sealed ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) to enrich low frequencies with extra punch and penetration.
Key features at a glance:
•Quick and easy installation
•High performance C-CAM tweeter and driver technology
•Robust solid sealed, high density polypropylene enclosure - UV rated.
•Full installation flexibility: 175º rotational bracket, (it also features angled sections and screw holes to provide corner fixing.)
•15º angled wedge supplied for additional bracket versatility
•Anchor point for security chain attachment
•ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) for added low frequency punch
•Aluminium grilles prevent rust
•*Textured white and black finish, paintable to suit décor (paint mask supplied)
•Rotational 'M' logo to align with portrait or landscape positions.
* A paint shield and grille removal tool are included for your convenience. However please be aware that the Climate Series cabinet material is Polypropylene, chosen for its acoustic, thermal and weather-resistant properties. It is difficult for paint to adhere to this material, thus requiring the use of special primer and paint or paint specially designed for use on plastics such as Polypropylene. Monitor Audio does not endorse any specific brand or type of paint for this purpose. Please do not attempt to paint this product or any of its parts unless you have the skills and knowledge to complete this task successfully.
Monitor Audio Warranty:
Monitor Audio Custom Installation Speaker Series carry a Lifetime Warranty
We are authorised Monitor Audio retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
- Frequency Response: 75Hz - 30KHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 87 dB
- Impedance (nominal): 8 ohms
- Maximum S.P.L dBA (per pair): 106.8
- Power Handling (RMS): 80W
- Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 10-80W
- 1 x 140mm (5 1/2”) C-CAM® bass/ mid-range driver
- 1 x 25mm (1”) C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- Cable Connection: Gold plated 'push' type terminals
- Environmental Protection Rating: IP55
- Finishes Available: White/Black
(H x W x D) 285 mm x 172.5 mm x 158.5 mm
(H x W x D) 11 1/4 inch x 6 13/16 inch x 6 1/4 inch
Including Wall Bracketmm (inches): 210 (8 1/4)
kg (lbs) 3.66 (8.05)