Russound PRO-12HP - Dual Source Twelve Pair Impedance Matching Speaker Selector
The most important and most forgotten about subject in getting reliable and high quality distributed audio is arguably impedance matching...Forget these fundamentals and you will open up a host of issues!
The PRO-12HP is a robust, efficient dual-source speaker selector for up to eight pairs of speakers. Designed for demanding applications, this high-quality speaker selector features a low-frequency protection circuit to reduce subsonic signals. This allows higher power operation without amplifier shutdown.
An A/B switch on the front panel allows you to power all your speakers with either of two source amplifiers. The PRO-12HP is designed for use with either 4 or 8-ohm speakers.
The PRO-12HP uses audiophile-grade autoformers for impedance matching to maintain a safe operating load at the amplifier while distributing maximum power throughout your system. A rotary switch on the rear panel sets the appropriate impedance for your amplifier, based on the number of speaker pairs connected.
Features & Benefits:
- Detachable snap connectors are color coded for easy wire termination
- Selectable impedance matching accommodates 4 or 8-ohm speakers
- Dual source capability with A/B amplified speaker inputs (with front toggle switch)
- Low-frequency protection circuit helps to guard your amplifier
- Audiophile-quality autoformers provide high performance for years
- Power:100 watts per channel RMS continuous
- Power:200 watts per channel average
- Power:300 watts per channel peak
- Impedance Matching: High-efficiency impedance-matching autoformers
- Low-Frequency Protection: Bi-polar capacitor circuit
- Wire Size: up to 12 gauge wire
- Lets you control speakers in several rooms from a central location
- Printed room labels included
Russound products include 2 year parts and labour warranty.
Connector(s): Detachable 4-pole color-coded snap connectors
Impedance Matching Type: Autoformer
Low Frequency Protection: Bipolar capacitor circuit & 6 dB high-pass filter, centered at 30 Hz
Max Wire Size: 14 AWG (1.9 mm)
Power Handling: 100 watts RMS continuous per channel & 300 watts peak per channel
Speaker Impedance: 4 ohms
17” W x 2.875” H x 8.25” D
(43.2 x 7.3 x 21 cm)
Weight: 7.75 lbs. (3.49 kg)