3 Way - 4 Driver
Frequency Response (-6dB)
45 Hz – 60 kHz
4 ohms (3.1 ohms minimum @ 1.1 KHz)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
PLIC-BOX II or a bespoke sealed enclosure of 24 litres
Mid/ H.F Crossover Frequency (Hz)
5.3 KHz 3rd order (18 dB / Octave)
Bass/Midrange Crossover Frequency (Hz)
380 Hz 4th Order (24 dB / Octave)
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 8 inch long-throw RDT II bass driver
2 x 2 inch C-CAM mid-range drivers
1 x MPD high frequency transducer
HF level switch (+1 dB / 0 dB / -1 dB)
MF level switch (+1 dB / 0 dB / -1 dB)
High-end ‘Push’ type terminals
3 position Tri-Grip dog fixings
CB10 (Light Brown)
Main chassis - Mineral Filled ABS (RoHS2 compliant)
Baffle – Die cast Aluminium
Low profile trimless grille with magnetic fixings – Paintable (square grille available as a cost option)
DimensionsOverall Diameter - Grille On/Off
309 mm (12 3/16inches)
296.25 mm (11 11/16inches)
Overall Depth – Grille On/Off
191.5 mm (7 1/2inches)
188 mm (7 3/8inches)
Return your in-wall, garden or ceiling speakers within 30 Days for a no-quibble refund or replacement.
Find out more:
Monitor Audio PLIC II ceiling speakers feature an 8-inch long throw bass driver with Rigid Diaphragm Technology (RDT II) cone technology to provide immensely powerful bass lines. This is achieved by the RDT cone reacting to an audio signal with lightning fast precision without deformation. A rigid aluminium baffle houses dual C-CAM mid-range drivers and an Micro Pleated Diaphragm (MPD) high frequency transducer, directed towards the listening area to deliver the best possible sound balance to the listener.
All PLIC II drivers employ a heavy duty motor system integrating an under-hung motor assembly to ensure the coil always remains in the gap, even when driven hard. The addition of copper ‘shorting’ rings greatly improves magnetic linearity and lowers intermodulation distortion, resulting in crisp and clear audio delivery. A world first for an in-ceiling speaker!
Designed for installation in both new build and retrofit projects, the PLIC II in-ceiling speaker features Monitor Audio’s unique Tri-Grip fixing system. This 3-position ‘dog leg’ style fixing provides a greater contact surface area than other types. This system, combined with the magnetic grille, saves the installer both time and money by speeding up the speaker fitting process.
Monitor Audio has designed the PLIC-BOX II, an optional pre-construction MDF back box for the PLIC II.
To satisfy the interior designer and end user, the circular grille can appear almost invisible, by being painted to match the room décor. Monitor Audio also offers a square option to match lighting fixtures and ventilation.
- High-performance ‘no compromise’ flagship speaker product
- Compact dimensions
- 4 drivers – full three-way design
- 8” Long throw Bass driver featuring RDT II cone technology
- Dual 2” C-CAM mid-range drivers for wider dispersion
- MPD high frequency transducer
- Angled mid-range and high frequency drivers – directed towards listening area to provide uniform mid and high frequency dispersion
- Rigid aluminium baffle construction
- Highest quality ‘push’ style termination
- Mid-range and H.F level adjustment switches (+1/0/-1) dB
- Paintable, trim less/low profile circular magnetic grille design – square options available
- Highest quality crossover design – including metallised polypropylene capacitors and low loss inductors
- Patented Tri-grip dog leg fixing
- PLIC-BOX II – specially designed pre-construction enclosure provides ideal controlled performance.
- Pre-construction bracket for retro fit purposes -CB10 (light brown)
Monitor Audio PLIC II Warranty:
Monitor Audio PLIC II Ceiling Speakers carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
We are authorised Monitor Audio retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
Monitor Audio PLIC II Platinum Ceiling Speakers Product review