Tweeter:Swivel/ 1" (25mm)
Power handling (program): 15-80W
Impedance (nominal) ohms:8ohm
Response (low frequency): -3 dB 55 Hz
Max rear depth: 97 mm
Cutout: 248 mm
Size-Round: 281 mm
Q Install Qi80CP Performance 8" Ceiling Speaker is the flagship of the Performance In-ceiling range from Q Acoustics. Like all Performance models it features a larger magnet assembly giving an increase in program power handling capability and combined with the larger cone size, improved bass performance. Precision components are utilized in the crossover filters, together with gold plated connectors and the beautiful Q Install magnetic grille design where the super slim bezel and narrow-mesh grille clips firmly into place. The major benefit of this grille design is that it makes a larger diameter in-ceiling speaker look much less obtrusive. As with all our Install products they feature protective driver dust covers and cloth backed grilles to facilitate painting. The HF is adjustable by + or - 3dB from a switch on the crossover.
- In-ceiling model boasting an 8” polypropylene cone. In the superior ‘Performance’ variants this is an injection-moulded, mass damped, Nano Particle based driver cone, for lower distortion and colouration.
- Q Install has used cutting edge industrial and acoustic engineering to create a striking bezel and grille design that clips magnetically into place. Circular and square grille options are available to ensure the perfect match for each customer’s décor.
- Shallow depth requirement - all models are less than 84 mm deep.
- Q Install speakers utilize ‘UL94’ flame retardant materials.
- Adjustable high frequency output level feature in the ‘Performance’ and ‘Weatherproof’ models.
- Swivel tweeters allow fine-tuning of the installation acoustics.
- Tweeters are fully ‘open’ on most models avoiding the use of protective bridges through the integration of Automatic Tweeter dome Recovery technology (ATR) that restores the dome after accidental deformation.
- Performance’ models feature a larger magnet assembly giving a 30% increase in program power handling capability. In addition precision components are utilized in the crossover filters, together with gold plated connectors.
- Grille geometry has been carefully optimized to ensure the perfect balance between sound and discreet appearance.
- Square and circular magnetic grilles are fully interchangeable without any need to change or remove the loudspeaker.
- All models are moisture proof, with the Weatherproof models (Qi65CW / Qi65CW ST) being suitable for more extreme use. Stainless steel fixings and corrosion resistant aluminium grilles are utilised together with fully sealed drive units to ensure no water ingress.
- Q Install speakers come carefully packaged with installation template and fitting instructions. All models feature protective driver dust covers and cloth backed grilles to facilitate painting should it be required.
- Many models are available as singles to aid installer convenience and reduce the overhead of excess stock.
Q Install Qi80CP Warranty:
Q Acoustics Ceiling Speakers carry a 5 Year Warranty.
We are authorised Q Acoustics retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
Q Install Qi80CP Performance 8" Ceiling Speakers Product review