- Frequency Response (-6dB)
- 100Hz – 30KHz sealed ‘CP’ (85Hz – 30KHz –open back)
- Impedance (nominal)
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1M)
- Maximum SPL
- Power Handling (RMS)
- 40 Watts – Full range (60 watts with crossover set to 100Hz @ 12dB/Octave)
- Recommended Amp Requirements
- Drive Unit Complement
- 3 x 3” C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
- 1 x 19mm (3/4”) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Crossover Recommendation - using an AVR
- 100Hz at a minimum of 12dB/Octave (24dB/Octave optimum)
- Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – for bare wire connection up to 4mm(2)
- Fixing Type
- 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Construction Materials
- ABS (UL94 rated, RoHS2 Compliant) – Painted steel grille
- Pre-Construction Bracket
- Overall Diameter (including grille)
- Overall Depth (including grille)
- Cut Out Diameter
- Mounting Depth
Return your in-wall, garden or ceiling speakers within 30 Days for a no-quibble refund or replacement.
Find out more:
Monitor Audio CSS230 Low Profile Ceiling Speaker is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 50mm (2”) mounting depth, custom built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high quality speaker has gone before.
Between 2” stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installer and customer. Combined, the three proprietary 3” mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 61/2” driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
In keeping with Monitor Audio’s renowned design rigour, the crossover comprises high quality film capacitors and low loss inductors - selected for signal integrity - ensuring peerless audio detail and dynamics from a speaker of its size and application. When the CSS230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
- Super-slim mounting depth 50mm (2”) designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high performance options and sound isolation in one
- Driver configuration of three 3” C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19mm C-CAM gold dome tweeter (fixed position) and high quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with de´cor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
Monitor Audio CSS230 Warranty:
Monitor Audio CSS230 Ceiling Speakers carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
We are authorised Monitor Audio retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
Monitor Audio CSS230 Low Profile Ceiling Speakers Product review
damianj24 Apr 2019
Super thin speaker, beautifully detailed soundThe two Monitor slimline singles produce a clarity and a directness that I didn't anticipate and work brilliantly in a closed bedroom setting. Detail is excellent picking out quiet lyrics and percussion and presenting them effortlessly. Case size perfect for a shallow 100mm ceiling void.