- Frequency Response (-6dB)
- 100Hz – 30KHz sealed ‘CP’ (85Hz – 30KHz –open back)
- Impedance (nominal)
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1M)
- Maximum SPL
- Power Handling (RMS)
- 40 Watts – Full range (60 watts with crossover set to 100Hz @ 12dB/Octave)
- Recommended Amp Requirements
- Drive Unit Complement
- 3 x 3” C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
- 1 x 19mm (3/4”) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Crossover Recommendation - using an AVR
- 100Hz at a minimum of 12dB/Octave (24dB/Octave optimum)
- Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – for bare wire connection up to 4mm(2)
- Fixing Type
- 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Construction Materials
- ABS (UL94 rated, RoHS2 Compliant) – Painted steel grille
- Pre-Construction Bracket
- Overall Diameter (including grille)
- Overall Depth (including grille)
- Cut Out Diameter
- Mounting Depth
Return your in-wall, garden or ceiling speakers within 30 Days for a no-quibble refund or replacement.
Find out more:
Monitor Audio CSS230 Low Profile Ceiling Speaker is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 50mm (2”) mounting depth, custom built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high quality speaker has gone before.
Between 2” stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installer and customer. Combined, the three proprietary 3” mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 61/2” driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
In keeping with Monitor Audio’s renowned design rigour, the crossover comprises high quality film capacitors and low loss inductors - selected for signal integrity - ensuring peerless audio detail and dynamics from a speaker of its size and application. When the CSS230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
- Super-slim mounting depth 50mm (2”) designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high performance options and sound isolation in one
- Driver configuration of three 3” C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19mm C-CAM gold dome tweeter (fixed position) and high quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with de´cor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
Monitor Audio CSS230 Warranty:
Monitor Audio CSS230 Ceiling Speakers carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
We are authorised Monitor Audio retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
Monitor Audio CSS230 Low Profile Ceiling Speakers Product review