Parasound Zamp v.3 2-Channel Stereo Amplifier
Parasound Zamp v.3 - The Parasound Zamp v.3 is a two channel, single zone power amplifier.
Its unique half rack and compact size makes it incredibly versatile, meaning that if you require enhanced performance - but only have half the physical space - the Zamp v.3 is the perfect option for audio zones (especially in a custom installation project) that require an upgrade in sonic dexterity - or simply the best audio performance.
Parasound's Zamp v.3 is a proven amplifier, and has been designed to give you stellar reliability, amazing sound quality, and plenty of power, all in a small package. Whether you use it as a zone amplifier in a custom install project that is rack based or the centerpiece of a mini-component system, this full featured amplifier will exceed your expectations.
Depsite it's demure footprint the Zamp v.3 will deliver 45 watts of sonically superior audio quality per channel into 8 Ω, 60 watts per channel into 4 Ω or it can be used with another Zamp v.3 as a 90 watt mono amp into 8 Ω mono load (running it in bridged mono mode). It's power and unbridled fidelity at this price point (and stature) is ultimately down to it's design which encompasses fully discrete circuitry with a toroid power transformer. Despite the fact that it is a class AB amp, it's clever design and high quality internal components means that it is also a low heat amplifier - meaning that if you don't like Class D electronics (sometimes a purely personal preference amongst audiophiles), it means that you now have a truly flexible and compact alternative to use - even if you are a 'purist'.
The 'real world' custom installation credentials as with all Zamp products are in abundance - with automatic on/off by control 9 - 12 V trigger (with loop) and also automatic on/off by audio signal with adjustable sensitivity - plus a handy ground lift switch. Level controls for each channel are rear mounted and the unit has gold-plated RCA input jacks and looping line output jacks with hefty high quality speaker terminals.
So if you are looking for a ultra-flexible but seriously great sounding single zone power amplifier (let alone an amp with such a small physical footprint), and one that can be used for a multitude of high performance custom installation situations, then you cannot look any further than the Zamp v.3 - it is a must for any serious custom installation project.
- 45 watts per channel into 8 Ω
- 60 watts per channel into 4 Ω
- 90 watts bridged into 8 Ω mono
- Fully discrete circuitry with Toroid power transformer
- Low heat design
- Headphone jack
- Indicators for AC present and channel operating status
- Automatic on/off by 9 - 12 V trigger
- Automatic on/off by audio signal with adjustable sensitivity
- Level controls for each channel; ground lift switch
- Gold-plated RCA input jacks and looping line output jacks
- 5-way speaker terminals
- Unique half-rack width chassis; 1 rack space high
Parasound Zamp v.3 Warranty:
Parasound 2 year parts, 2 years labour warranty.
Continuous power output:
- 45 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, both channels driven
- 60 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, both channels driven
- 90 watts RMS x 1, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, minimum impedance
- Current capacity:
- 12 amperes peak per channel
- Frequency response:
- 5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Total harmonic distortion:
- < 0.07 % full power
- < 0.02 % typical levels
- IM distortion :
- < 0.05 %
- Dynamic headroom :
- 1.5 dB
- Inter-channel crosstalk :
- 80 dB at 1 kHz; 60 dB at 20 kHz
- Input Impedance :
- 33 k Ω
- Input Sensitivity:
- 600 mV; 1.5 V for full output
- S/N Ratio:
- 116 dB, input shorted, IHF A weighted
9 1⁄2" Wide
10" Deep with connectors
2" High with feet, 1-3⁄4" panel only
241 x 254 x 50mm, 44.1mm panel only
Net and Shipping Weight:
6.65 lbs., 3 kg; 9 lbs., 4.1 kg