Monitor Audio C280-IDC Cinema Ceiling Speaker
Monitor Audio C280-IDC Ceiling Speakers have a unique Inverted Dual Concentric pivoting mid-range/tweeter module providing up to 18 degrees of play. The C280 IDC can be discreetly positioned, and then the sound can be directed into the desired listening zone by pivoting the IDC driver module to maximize performance. The Monitor Audio C280 IDC model is a true 3-way design featuring an 8” C-CAM bass driver for use in discreet theatre or music based applications and offers superior performance and flexibility over typical 2-way or fixed angle speaker designs.
200 Series 3-way loudspeakers feature Monitor Audio's unique Inverted Dual Concentric (IDC) driver module. The IDC driver module houses a 4-inch C-CAM midrange and 1-inch C-CAM gold dome tweeter. 200 Series 3-way models combine C-CAM bass drivers with an IDC driver module to provide rich midrange detail, higher system output, greater power handling, and superior vocal intelligibility and sound localization than 200 Series 2-way models. Optimum imaging and set-up are established via the pivoting IDC, high- frequency (+3dB / 0dB / -3dB) level adjustment, and Boundary Compensation (on / off) controls.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Timbre-match with RS-CP in-ceiling/wall and Silver RS hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- All models are paint-able to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- All models use fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
- All models are splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- All models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Monitor Audio Warranty:
Monitor Audio Custom Installation Speaker Series carry a Lifetime Warranty
We are authorised Monitor Audio retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 30 kHz
- Impedance (Nominal): 6 ohms
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90 dB
- Maximum SPL 111.6 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS): 120 W
- Recommended Amp: 30 - 120 W
- Drivers Unit Complement:
- 8” C-CAM® cone bass drive, pivoting IDC module housing:
- 4” C-CAM® RST® inverted mid range driver
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Adjustment Controls HF Level Switch:
- ( +3dB / 0dB / -3dB )
- Boundary Compensation Switch
- Fixing Type: 3 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings
- Construction Material: Mineral Filled ABS Plastic
- (UL V0 Fire Retardent, RoHS2 Compliant)
- Pre-Construction Bracket: CB8 (Green)
Overall Diameter: (including grille) 285 mm (11 1/4 inch)
Overall Depth: (including grille) 160 mm (6 5/16 inch)
Cut Out Diameter: 247 mm (9 3/4 inch)
Mounting Depth: 156 mm (4 1/8 inch)