Frequency Response (-6dB)
- 4 Ohms or 70/100 Volt line level (cable select)
Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
- 1 x 12” C-CAM cone, long throw sub-bass driver
Crossover recommendation (low pass)
- 100Hz at a minimum of 12dB/Octave (24dB/Octave optimum)
- Encapsulated cable connection
Environmental Protection Rating
- (H x W x D)750 x 380 x 505.5mm
- (19 1/2 x 14 15/16 x 19 7/8 inches)
Return your in-wall, garden or ceiling speakers within 30 Days for a no-quibble refund or replacement.
Find out more:
Monitor Audio CLG-W12 is a passive subwoofer. Optimised for discreet sub-surface installation, its proprietary Monitor Audio bandpass design incorporates an internally loaded 12” C-CAM driver which sits in a waterproof rotationally-moulded polymer enclosure buried below the garden surface - only the CLG-W12’s domed output port is visible. From this little ‘chimney’ powerfully taut bass frequencies will join the clean mids and highs of the surrounding CLG140 satellites for punchy and articulate full-range garden sound.
The CLG-W12 can be powered from a single amplifier channel at 4 ohms, with its 70/100V line option recommended for cable runs over 10m (30ft) and for adding subwoofers to the system. In this line configuration, the CLG140 satellites are daisy-chained to the CLG-W12, one after the other, up to a recommended maximum of twelve per subwoofer. System expansion to larger garden spaces simply involves the addition of amplifier channels, subwoofers and satellites.
In the simplest designs, satellites are connected in a mono configuration to one amplifier channel, the other channel powering the subwoofer. The use of a stereo power amplifier with 70/100volt line capability and crossover features will allow the adjustment of levels between bass and mid-high range. Alternatively, the system can be designed to provide stereo operation by adding elements to create left/right zones.
When installed the Climate Garden System delivers a smooth, wide-open and controlled frequency response from 30Hz to 30kHz in the targeted environment: better than many home audio systems! For patio or deck applications, the CLG-W12 will install within a planter box to enhance Monitor Audio’s CL Series all-weather cabinet speakers with deep bass frequencies, giving custom installers additional design options.
- Below ground garden installation. On patios or decks will install within a suitably sized planter
- Extended response down to 30Hz
- Long throw 12” sub-woofer driver featuring C-CAM cone technology and rigid die-cast chassis
- Bandpass cabinet enclosure delivers high efficiency and punchy, extended bass
- 70/100V and 4 ohm tap for flexible system design: additional units can be added and ‘daisy-chained’ together
- Robust moulded cabinet: strong and waterproof with fewer joints to compromise structural integrity
- Certified to IP54 Ingress Protection rating
- Dark brown finish blends with garden colours
- Applications: garden, deck and patio, theme parks
Monitor Audio Warranty:
Monitor Audio Speakers carry a 5 Year Warranty.
We are authorised Monitor Audio retailers. Brand new and complete with the full warranty.
Monitor Audio CLG-W12 Outdoor Subwoofer Product review